Friday, September 4, 2009

Spring Is In Full Swing



Oh! The sweet smell of neroli. Two things in life I rely on to tell me about the seasons. The first is the scent of jasmine as it lines many roads in Sydney and you can smell it from miles away. When the jasmine is abound spring has come. The second blush of spring is signalled by the heady scent of orange blossoms, also a garden favourite in the Edwardian homes of my area.

Jasmine reminds me of being young and alive, whenever I smell it I am instantly 15 again and walking home from school. Neroli is the scent of summer as far as I'm concerned. Together they are my personal nirvana. I love this time of year.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I love jasmine. I used to have a huge one right outside my window when I lived at home as a teenager. The scent of jasmine is truly summer for me.
    it's fun to read that you have summer now in Australia, we have autumn here in Sweden.

    /L

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love jasmine. My parents have a bush outside my old bedroom window. I used to pick bunches to put on my pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are both so lucky my mother insists that any perfumed flower gives her headaches so our garden was so bleak. I'm making it up it now, I can't tell you how many vine covered fences I sniff on my street..;p

    ReplyDelete