Thursday, September 3, 2009

Consolidation, The Project List

So in taking a break from my projects, I've managed to get my head into a space conducive to sewing. So here's the projects in order of completion...

1780s Jacket - completed, awaiting petticoat
Floaty Petticoat - awaiting waistband straps and side seams, expect to complete very soon. Hems, pleating & trims are all done.
New Stays - draft a pattern, sew a mockup, start on stays.
Hat- either wide brimmed or tall hat style. Think that after my stays I'll need a break from the sewing machine for a while. So hat is a good option even though it's not priority garment.
Caraco a la polonaisee - made to go with existing petti and depending on how I feel may also make a white self-stripe floaty petti.
Redingote - still having conceptional design issues with this and it's not needed until next June anyway. Start around April 2010.

So far that's the project list and I'm happy to stop looking for inspiration until I get some of this ticked off. Phew!

2 comments:

  1. Strangely enough, I was just thinking that I needed to write another list of projects I want to do and what order I intend to do them in. Must be that time of year?

    I like lists - they keep me sane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, you have just reminded me how insane my list is! I really admire your mantra though!

    ReplyDelete