Friday, August 28, 2009

Cat Toys, Why Do I Persist?

Yes another shameless distraction post to cover up the fact I've only sewn one of the 18 meters of hems I've got to do. But I did flush $5 down the toilet today so I feel justified in at least posting about it.

My kitties have consistently ignored anything I have brought into the home for the purposes of being a "cat toy", it's almost as if they are making a stand. "What? You think we are pets? Here for your amusement? Sorry Missy but it's time you realised the truth about this relationship".

6 cloth mice with catnip now live permanently under the couch. A perfectly good plush cat tunnel, binned after I failed to find a new home for it. A $200 carpeted and custom made cat log, sits idly and pristine in my loungeroom only being sniffed at if I look like I might put it up on eBay.

Yet two cats who happily screw up the flokati rug and deposit it in the kitchen in a big heap overnight. Apparently it's an oversized bunny which needs to be taught a lesson. Any piece of cut up cable tie is an absolute winner and lets not forget the perenial favourite, the tape measure, especially while I'm using it. And I will relate the one time I had a cat swinging off the back of my stays chasing the loose lacing. Oh and when I used to use tracing paper (you'll understand why I don't now) that was an absolute scream to jump in the middle of it and rip it to bits. It also causes no end of trouble to want to stick our paws in the scissors while the household slave is cutting out fabric...

So the question and point of my post? Why on earths sake do I still get suckered into buying a cat toy such as the useless and unamusing piece of crap I purchased today? I could just as easily throw some tracing paper on the floor or use the tape measure? What's wrong with me?

Maybe I can give it to my nephew and pretend it's a kiddy toy instead.

1 comment:

  1. I'm laughing so much at the image of you in stays with a cat attached to your back!! Sorry!

    ReplyDelete