Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Beware The Call Of Buttons

I am so close to finishing my jacket but had to nip out and get two things, extra long cable ties and buttons. Easy enough expedition right? Yeah, well not when you're still cashed up from payday and inspired! Kudo's to the Remnants Warehouse for once again having a fabulous selection of remnants and rolls and extra kudo's for having these delicious summer fabrics on sale...in spring!

I got cottons, silks (yes silks!) in 4 meter lots all for less than $70....oh yeah I got buttons too. Ok so I know you're dying to see it all so without further ado, the lastest additions to my fabric hoard and by extension my 18th century projects. Warning, graphic intensive content follows....



Here is Jamaica, requiring an explanation for why there is yet more fabric in the house but STILL no Hills Science Diet bickies...are you kidding me? I believe is the caption here.



Who can resist 1 meter of hot pink silk dupion shot with blue for a mere $6? Especially when one has plans for new stays.



Does this medium weight 100% cotton seersucker in candy stripes, no less, not scream Robe Anglaise? Pet-en-l'air..??? I ask you. But since this is a mere 2m remnant I shall be making a Pierrot from it. Later on I will go back where they have a HUGE roll of this fabric and stock up for the aforementioned garments. A mere $12 for that lot.



In an earlier post I did say if I ever found buttercup linen I would be all over like a fly at a BBQ. Well I have at least kept that promise. Another lovely weight 100% linen in the most delightful yellow one can imagine. $7.50 for over 1.5 meters.



And for my floaty petti I didn't find a self stripe but did find this wonderful melon coloured 100% silk voile for just $6 per meter. It's gorgeous and I snapped up 4 meters of it. My petti btw is only going to be knee length, more on that later. I am soooo making my Gainsborough hat in this exact colour, in dupion if I can find it, with white feathers and green ribbons.



No not the same fabric again. The silk voile is sheer and I needed a lining fabric that would not take away from the loveliness of it. Ok this is rayon and nothing to write home about but kudo's on finding the exact same colour in a lining fabric.



Can you not see the loveliness of this particular combination? My striped pierrot lined with buttercup linen and linen collar and cuffs matched with my divine floaty petti? Yes I thought so too...



And in the mysterious ways of the universe my floaty melon petti just so happens to go perfectly with the very jacket I bought it for...my current project. Two whole outfits from the one petti? The genius of that is astounding...

5 comments:

  1. *Drool*. OK - I am totally coming to visit you in OZ and going fabric shopping with you! That melon silk voile is to-dye-for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, I'm coming too! Mmm, silks that don't make you ruined...

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I can say is that some silkworms in Thailand are doing overtime to provide me with this fabric this cheap. Usual price for silk here is $20+ per meter. The also had some gorgeous apple green and pink striped silk chiffon. But since I have no use for chiffon I left it there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Count me in on the trip! That dupion is drool-worthy... yum.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Apple green and pink silk chiffon? I have reached fabric nirvana... (resisting desire to make insane pleas to get you to add fabric to my ridiculously huge stash!)

    ReplyDelete