Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Life on the really tiny screen

So my computer died last week and in my desperate attempt to get back online asap (I am addicted to the net) I rushed out and bought an iPod touch. $200 and back online, cheapest option available although my backside may expand from spending too much time at Maccas using free wifi. Such are the sacrifices I am willing to make.


What's it like to blog fingertyping on a 3" screen? Not nearly as painful as I thought it would be. The downside? Without a pc to plug an iPod into it's pretty limiting. You can't upload photos or upgrade the software on your pod. You can't even charge the battery! A cheap iphone wall charger will fix that though. Every website you visit loads as a crappy "mobile" version, so I can't see full item listings on ebay for example, just a photo and a bidding option. I don't think its likely my pod will be my sole source of digital fix but it's useful for the money and I'll no longer need to cart a laptop around the country with me when I fly. Worth the money if you buy a cheaper model but I wouldn't be shelling out $500 for one of the top spec models.
The typing function is surprisingly good with an accurate auto corrector and a nice doubleclick zoom function so you won't go blind reading text. I'm happy to be back online even if in a reduced capacity.

No comments:

Post a Comment