Friday, June 12, 2009

At Last! A Finished Corset



So by the third attempt I was pretty annoyed with the whole deal. I had cotton canvas left over and decided I would just make a simple and plain corset in the name of actually finishing something wearable. I also wasn't really jazzed with the silhouette of the last one I made. It didn't give me the conical shape of the era and and all over just looked a bit crap. 

So I spent an entire weekend once again revising a pattern that never had a chance in hell of fitting me properly or providing me with the corset I had in mind. But if nothing else I'm tenancious. And tada....

As you can see the finished corset, stays, whatever, look nothing like the original pattern. But in my philosophical ways I say who cares! It does give me an era appropriate shape, it's comfortable and I like it more than the other two disasters. So far it's the only thing I've created which is mildly successful so I'm sticking with it for the time being. 

You can see I changed the location of the boning channels which was a brilliant idea. Not only is it easier and less time consuming to sew, but it also supports my large bust much better than vertical bones do. 

And here's what the back looks like. 

No comments:

Post a Comment