Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Oh Pooh! Now I Have To Make A Polonaise....sigh

I've been feeling rather smug in that despite a rampant desire for a complete 18th century wardrobe and matching shoes I have thus far managed to resist the pull of the polonaise. In fact I was just thinking this very afternoon that my jacket and petti (when I do finally finish them) may well satisfy my creative urge for the next month or so. What with new stays on the project list as well it was beginning to look as if I might achieve all that then be free to daydream.

After all my polonaise was awaiting the discovery of the "perfect polonaise" fabric. You know that fictious fabric that you have in your head. You have no idea what it looks like, can't describe it, it doesn't even have a colour yet. But when you see it, you'll know it. It's a masterfully convenient way to put the brakes on costuming projects especially when you already have enough on your plate. Oh I can't even think about that until I find the perfect fabric

Well it is masterful until that fictious perfect fabric just so happens to find it's way onto your computer screen. You see it, say Oooh! Which kidney don't I need.. and before you know it both your fabric hoard and your never ending project list have expanded and there's nothing you can do about it. The only question now, am I making a polonaise robe or caraco? One will require a slightly smaller mortgage than the other....decisions, decisions.

2 comments:

  1. Make both!



    Ain't I helpful? :D :P ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're such a tease - show us the fabric!

    (Madame B - you're so wicked!)

    ReplyDelete